Friday 25 January 2013

Do or dye? - My new venture into hair colourants


As someone who whole-heartedly believes in self-expression through appearance and presentation, I constantly try to think of new ways to create my own personal style. The easiest way to do this is by the choices you make when it comes to clothes, shoes, accessories etc. But every now and then the thought would drift in to my mind: "Should I dye my hair?"

The usual response to this question was: "I like the idea of it, but I wouldn't know what colour to go for." But one day, on a whim, I picked up a box of hair dye and thought: "Why not?"

I went for L'Oreal Casting Creme Gloss shade 316 'Plum'. It wouldn't be a dramatic change from my natural dark brown, but still noticeable.


So after much deliberating (the typical: "What if I don't like it? What if it doesn't look nice?" worries.) I went ahead with it, and was very pleased with the result!



(And in daylight...)



It does look quite a lot darker, and at first that took some getting used to, but now I love it and would definitely go for this shade again.

The formula is ammonia-free and has a very pleasant floral scent to it. I found that the conditioner included with the dye left my hair remarkably soft and super glossy.

I would recommend this colourant for anyone who is keen on trying a new shade but doesn't want a permanent change (Casting Creme Gloss lasts up to 28 washes)

Happy hair dyeing!


Victoria.x

No comments:

Post a Comment